Chakra (meaning "wheel, circle") is a psychic-energy center in esoteric traditions of Hinduism. There are seven primary chakras, followed by various minor chakras.
To begin, chant hoom to evoke the breakdown of negative energy and to spread positivity and vitality throughout the body.
- Sahasrara, crown (highest order)
- chant shreem, followed by ahm
- Ajna, guru or third eye
- chant shreem, followed by Om
- Vishuddha, throat
- chant Om, followed by hahm
- Anahata, heart
- chant hreem, followed by yahm
- Manipurasolar plexus
- chant kreem, followed by rahm
- Svadhishthana, sacral
- chant kreem, followed by vahm
- Muladhara, root (lowest order)
- chant kreem, followed by lahm
The sixteen pedals of the Vishuddha (throat chakra) represent:
- Chant Aum
- the Sama-mantras; Soma (Moon) says: For the remainder of this day, eat only of plants and vegetables.
- the mantra, Ong So Hung
- Chant Hyoom, Aum, Phat
- Chant Hyoom, Aum, Washat
- Chant Hyoom, Aum, Swadha
- Chant Hyoom, Aum, Swaha
- Chant Hyoom, Aum, Namak
- the nectar Amrita
- seven musical tones: 1 Niṣadavān; 2 riskabha; 3 gandhara; 4 shadja; 5 madhyama; 6 dhaiwata; 7 pañchama
- Practice Yoga for the neck.